Sunday, April 16, 2006

Going Out For Chinese Food

Sep. 1st, 2003

Hello Hello,

What can I say? I am taking a small hiatus. I bet you money that you have at one point felt the urge to runaway. Slowly but surely this feeling crept upon me, and when it finally had control, I had no choice but to give in. True, I don't know a single person. True, I know very little of the language. True, I don't know what I am going to be doing. However, for the next six months, I will be living in china. To be honest, it hasn't occurred to me really what I am doing. Is this a learning experience? Am I trying to make my millions? Or am I going to meet my future Chinese wife? Who really knows, but I have always had faith in the unknown. One thing I know for certain is that it would be foolish of me to break off all contact with my friends and family. Therefore, you are fortunate enough to be chosen as someone I respect and want to keep in contact with. Congratulations, you have made the cut. In the ideal world, I would send you weekly updates, but I am hardly
an ideal individual. Therefore, expect sporadic slightly incoherent correspondences that are always enjoyable. I will welcome any news from you. Please keep me informed. As I prepare for my 21-hour plane ride to the orient, I bid you adieu and good travels. I am confident that our paths will meet again.

Sincerely,

Jason

Post Script: If you happen to be in
Beijing for the next six months, please stop by. I will make you breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home