Sunday, April 16, 2006

A few weeks of pain

Jan. 11, 2004

That has been the story of my life. The obstacles have been mighty but fortunately I have survived. I will begin with the most recent events..

For sometime, White Lightening 2, my trusty steed/bike (W.L. 1 met its fate when its back wheel collapsed from under my weight) had been having some problems. As I would be driving along, I would occasionally lose control of him for a few seconds. Last evening, I was crossing a busy intersection with a red light, when suddenly THE HANDLE BARS CAME OFF. Stop!!! Like in the movies there was that brief moment of realization in my eyes and the formation of a 4 letter word beginning with F on my lips before I came crashing down onto cold hard payment. The crowd of smirking Chinese onlookers only increased my pains.

The injury before this was during a sande match against my good buddy Jimmy. I punched him in the face and sprained my finger.

Finally, the last injury, which was more of joy than a pain, was a Karaoke competition that I competed in. I had to sing a Chinese song, so I chose "A Lust for Life" by iggy pop and translated it into Chinese. I had a BLAST doing it, but it seems the judges didn't think so. I didn't make it to the semi's

Keep in touch and do something meaningful,


Sincerely healing,


Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home